Tuesday 22 March 2011

Journey to Sucre

This will be a short entry! Woke with the runs ... not sure whether it was the 96% alcohol, the coca leaves, the Burrito last night or any other dodgy Bolivian things I have been consuming but it was ñot good. Slept a lot of the morning.

Fortunately was OK to do the 3.5 hr taxi ride later in the day. Although it was not cold I travelled in thermals, 2 fleeces; hats and gloves with goose pimples! Although I slept a lot of the way i did manage to notice the scenery change as we descended to a lower altitude (2500m) - it became a lot greener and the housing started to look a little more affluent. Oh, that is definitely the wrong word!! I meant that we saw a few more real breaks rather than mud based bricks, and the occasional house with a tin roof. And the people got paler.

(BTW, I am better now)

No comments:

Post a Comment